Mt. Kinpu climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★★☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★★★☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Duration：2 days and 1 night
- □ Term of Climbing：11.21.2015 ～ 11.22.2015
- □ Date at Summit： 11.21.2015
- □ Weather：Mostly Sunny
- □ Highest Temperature：
- □ Lowest Temperature：
- □ Distance：11.9km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：1,800m
- □ Course：Fujimidaira Course
- □ Further Information：( Time Schedule )
8:00 Mizugaki Lodge → 9:00 Fujimidaira Lodge → (set up tent) → 10:00 start to climb again → 11:35 Ridge Line → 13:45 Summit → 15:30 Fujimidaira Lodge
※ The paths connecting to the summit were clear and were not steep. But the ridge line's paths consisted mainly of rocks, so it was slippery.
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Car
- □ Time to Starting Point：About three and half hours one way by car.
- □ Further Information：The parking lot around Mizugaki Sanso is usually crowded with climbers especially on weekends. When I got there at 8:00, it was almost full.
The Map of Climbing Course
Altitude × Temperature
Download GPS Data
I guess the big stone named Gojoiwa flew off from another mountain like Mt. Fuji when a volcano erupted, but no one knows for sure. At any rate, it's really worth seeing. Some people climb that rock without rock climbing equipment. I strongly recommend not doing that. Mt. Kinpu is a good choice for beginners, but can be boring for experienced climbers. Gojo-iwa makes it a little more challenging for beginners.