Mt. Sakurajima climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★☆☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★☆☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★★★☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Duration：1 Day
- □ Term of Climbing：05.04.2017 ～ 05.04.2017
- □ Date at Summit： 00.00.0000
- □ Weather：Sunny
- □ Highest Temperature：
- □ Lowest Temperature：
- □ Distance：
- □ Cumulative Elevation：
- □ Course：I didn't climb this mountain. I just looked at the summit from The Yunodaira Observatory.
- □ Further Information：Even in the area around Yunodaira Observatory, there was a lot of volcanic ash in the air-flow, so it was not comfortable to stay long.
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Airplane
- □ Time to Starting Point：About 2 hours from Kagoshima Airport to Sakurajima by car, and about 1.5 hours from Haneda Airport to Kagoshima Airport.
- □ Further Information：I drove the coast around Mt. Sakurajima, and then I came back to my hotel in Kagoshima city by car ferry. It was exciting, it was my first time taking a ferry!
The Map of Climbing Course
Altitude × Temperature
Download GPS Data
It was probably part of Japan's Self-Defence Forces. I took the video and photos of it. Take a look in gallery below. -- it was so small, it might be hard for you to see it clearly in the video.
This mountain has been erupting for a few decades, so nobody knows when conditions will be suitable for a climb. I hope I can climb it someday. It will have to remain an entry on my bucket list for the time being.