Mt. Aizu-Komagatake climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★☆☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★☆☆☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Altitude：2,132m
- □ Location：Hinoemata, Fukushima Prefecture (Click to view larger map)
- □ Duration：1 Day
- □ Term of Climbing：11.12.2016 ～ 11.12.2016
- □ Date at Summit： 11.12.2016
- □ Weather：Cloudy
- □ Highest Temperature：9.0°C
- □ Lowest Temperature：0.0°C
- □ Distance：10.7km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：1,200m
- □ Course：Takizawa Course
- □ Further Information：The steep path lasts for 15 minutes at the start of the climb. After that, it was so easy to climb. I suppose this course is completely intended for beginners.
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Car
- □ Time to Starting Point：About 4 hours one way from Omiya
- □ Further Information：From Omiya to Takizawa Climbing Enterance via Tohoku highway
※ The day before I climbed, I stayed in my car at the roadside station of Tajima. There was a clean toilet had been heating by heated. It was so nice, comfortable place for car-stay.
Download GPS Data
The forecast said the weather would gradually be fine as time goes by, but it was completely whited out. Actually, I could see the blue sky after my climb. Except for the bad weather, this climb was successful. And In terms of patience, I'm proud of myself. -- I didn't bring my equipment for snow because I didn’t expect it was covered with snow. I put on shoes for summer, so it put on summer my shoes, and they were not tall enough to avoid snow in my shoes. Under the these severe conditions, I didn't give up. I was confident that I would not fail this climb.