Mt. Ena climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★☆☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★☆☆☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Altitude：2,191m
- □ Location：Nakatsugawa City, Gifu Prefecture (Click to view larger map)
- □ Duration：1 Day
- □ Term of Climbing：05.02.2017 ～ 05.02.2017
- □ Date at Summit： 05.02.2017
- □ Weather：Mostly Sunny
- □ Highest Temperature：14.0°C
- □ Lowest Temperature：1.0°C
- □ Distance：12.5km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：1,200m
- □ Course：Hirogawahara Course
- □ Further Information：Time Schedule
5:00 Parking Lot → 5:20 Hirogawahara Climbing Entrance → 8:00 Mt. Ena Summit → 9:00 Starting Descent → 10:40 Parking Lot
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Car
- □ Time to Starting Point：About 2.5 hours from Mt. Arashimadake to parking lot, and about 4.5 hours from parking lot to Omiya by car
- □ Further Information：Mt. Arashimadake － Tokai-Hokuriku Highway － Tokai-Kanjo Highway － Central Highway －（Mt. Ena）－ Central Highway － Metropolitan Highway － Omiya Station
※ There is a toilet at the parking lot. But I have no idea its conditions because I didn't use it.
Download GPS Data
There are three possible paths to choose from. I chose the shortest one. I didn't know much about this mountain, so I thought the most popular course would be the best for me, as there would be many more climbers there, than other courses so I wouldn't get lost. On this course, I met a few dozen people during my climb.
This mountain is known for limited visibility at the summit, so I wasn't looking forward to seeing any great views at the top. You can't see much at the top because the summit is surrounded by tall trees. I tried to find a clearing among the trees. Finally, I found a spot from which I could see almost all of the alps' mountains like Mt. Ontake, Mt. Yari, Mt. Kiso-Komagatake and so on.
I stayed for about one hour at the summit. I usually stay less than 10 minutes at a summit. The nice weather and views made me comfortable, so I felt that the time flew by. Many of climbers didn't realize there was a spot like the one I'd found, so they gave up and missed out on the fabulous views. But, I didn't tell them about the spot I found because I didn't want to interrupt their climb.