Mt. Tanigawa climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★★★☆☆ Scenic Level：★★★★☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Altitude：1,977m
- □ Location：Minakami, Gunma (Click to view larger map)
- □ Duration：1 Day
- □ Term of Climbing：12.02.2017 ～ 12.02.2017
- □ Date at Summit： 12.02.2017
- □ Weather：Sunny
- □ Highest Temperature：5.0°C
- □ Lowest Temperature：-4.0°C
- □ Distance：9.0km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：720m
- □ Course：Tanigawa Ropeway Course
- □ Further Information：09:20 Tenjin-daira－10:10 Kumaanasawa Rodge－11:40 Summit－12:45 Tenjin-daira
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Car
- □ Time to Starting Point：About 3 hours one way
- □ Further Information：From Omiya to Tanigawa Ropeway via Minakami IC of Kanetsu highway.
※ The parking lot took 1,000 Yen a day.
Download GPS Data
I have been lazy when it comes to mountain climbing for more than a half year now, so I'm rusty and lack the stamina to tackle a serious climb. For this reason, this climb was a perfect choice. It gave me the opportunity to regain my physical fitness and get back into the swing of things...
It is very important to check the weather conditions in advance if you want to climb this one. This mountain becomes much more difficult to climb as the year goes on. As there can be as much as 4m of accumulated snow per month. If you don't wish to climb the mountain, you can instead enjoy skiing. There's a local ski resort called Tenjin-Daira.