Mt. Takatsuma climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★★☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★★☆☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Altitude：2,353m
- □ Location：Nagano, Nagano Prefecture (Click to view larger map)
- □ Duration：1 Day
- □ Term of Climbing：10.10.2016 ～ 10.10.2016
- □ Date at Summit： 10.10.2016
- □ Weather：Partly Cloudy
- □ Highest Temperature：13.0°C
- □ Lowest Temperature：5.0°C
- □ Distance：12.5km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：1,150m
- □ Course：I went around in a clockwise direction from Togakushi camp site.
- □ Further Information：Time Schedule
（Ascent）Three and half hours
3:30 Start from Togakushi camping site ⇒ 5:05 Emergency Lodge ⇒ 6:07 Rokumiroku ⇒ 7:20 Summit
7:40 Start going down ⇒ 9:20 Togakushi Farm ⇒ 9:40 Camping site
※ Because of rain and walking on a mountain stream, the path was so slippery. When I went back down, I walked really fast, so don't refer to my time schedule for your climb. It might take over 3 hours.
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Car
- □ Time to Starting Point：Going there 6 hours by car, and back 4 hours
- □ Further Information：From Omiya to Togakushi Camping site
There's a parking lot for climbers. People who stay at the camping site have to check out by 10:00 the next morning. So, if you want to enjoy both of camping and climbing, you had better move your car out from the camping site to the parking lot for climbers before your climb. But, I didn't do this because I wanted to come back before 10:00 am. That’s why I was in a hurry going down.
Download GPS Data
When I reached the summit I could see views of the surrounding famous mountains. It was so lucky, because the weather forecast predicted rain all day. I hoped to enjoy the fall colors even if it was going to be rainy, but instead, I was treated to an unbelievable cloudscape at the peak. I was so happy I had the whole place to myself.