Mt. Sukai climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★☆☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★☆☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★☆☆☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Duration：1 Day
- □ Term of Climbing：11.05.2016 ～ 11.05.2016
- □ Date at Summit： 11.05.2016
- □ Weather：Sunny
- □ Highest Temperature：17.0°C
- □ Lowest Temperature：3.0°C
- □ Distance：7.6km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：800m
- □ Course：Sukaibashi course
- □ Further Information：The path along stream was easy to climb. Before the ridge line, there's about 500 meters of pretty steep path. Overall, this course is intended for beginner climbers.
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Car
- □ Time to Starting Point：2 hours highway and 1.5 hours off-road
- □ Further Information：From Omiya to Sukaibashi via Numata IC of Kanetsu highway.
※ There's a little parking lot. I recommend to get there early.
※ I recommend to use a high ground clearance car like SUV type when you drive at Kurihara-rindo(forest path).
Download GPS Data
Frankly, I can't wrap my head around why it has been designated as a 100 Famous Mountains. Bad access to the climbing entrance, lower height of summit, no views at summit, it has a lot of such unattractive factors. But I could enjoy driving off-road. I bought for my SUV for these off-roads. If you are planning to go there, you should take into account there's no turning point. And the road might damage your car.