Mt. Yarigatake climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★★★☆ Difficulty Level：★★☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★★★★
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Altitude：3,180m
- □ Location：Taira Omachi, Nagano Prefecture (Click to view larger map)
- □ Duration：2 days and 1 night
- □ Term of Climbing：10.24.2015 ～ 10.25.2015
- □ Date at Summit： 10.24.2015
- □ Weather：Sunny
- □ Highest Temperature：17.0°C
- □ Lowest Temperature：3.0°C
- □ Distance：38.5km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：1,600m
- □ Course：From Kamikochi via Yokoo lodge
- □ Further Information：Time Schedule
（Go）5:30 Sawando parking lot → 6:30 Kamikochi → 9:30 Yokoo lodge → 14:00 Yarigatake lodge → 15:30 Summit → Stayed at the Yarigatake lodge
（Back）5:00 Got up → 6:00 Started going down → 7:54 Yarisawa lodge → 09:00 Yokoo lodge → 11:00 Kamikochi
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Car
- □ Time to Starting Point：About four and a half hours by car
- □ Further Information：I had a car-stay at Sawando parking lot before the climb. In the morning, if you see someone waiting for a bus to get to Kamikochi, I recommend you ask them to use a taxi. It can be cheaper if you chip in together and it should be faster than using a bus.
It is impossible to be alone at the top of the mountain because the place is narrow and usually very crowded. Because of that, sometimes we have to wait for an hour to climb the summit. However the climb took less than 3 days, the weather was getting colder and there were less people than usual.
I wanted to put up my tent near the summit but I couldn’t because of the strong wind and the cold weather. My body didn’t adjust to the cold temmperature yet.
I'm sure people who climbed this mountain loved it. If you are planning to climb mountains in Japan, Mt. Yarigatake would be a good choice. I strongly recommend it. This trip gave us an indescribable sence of achievement. Standing on the summit, after a long climb will give you an addictive boost of pride and confidence in your own ability.