Mt. Arashimadake climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★☆☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★☆☆☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Duration：1 Day
- □ Term of Climbing：05.01.2017 ～ 05.01.2017
- □ Date at Summit： 05.01.2017
- □ Weather：Rainy
- □ Highest Temperature：14.0°C
- □ Lowest Temperature：10.0°C
- □ Distance：9.5km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：1,150m
- □ Course：Kadohara Course
- □ Further Information：Time Schedule : 05:20 Kadohara parking lot － 07:28 Shakunage-Daira － 08:30 Mt. Arashimadake summit － 09:27 Shakunage-Daira － 10:40 Kadohara parking lot
※ There are two main courses, the Kadohara course and Nakande course. I recommend to use the Kadohara course because there are fewer up and down paths and it’s to get to the summit.
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Car
- □ Time to Starting Point：About 3 hours one way by car
- □ Further Information：From Maihara station of Shiga prefecture to Kadohara station of Fukui prefecture.
※ I did a car-stay at the starting point of the climb. Kadohara course offers free parking and a clean restroom.
Download GPS Data
In spite of being one of the 100 famous mountains, this mountain is not well-known and there isn’t much information on the web, so it was hard to decide the best course for the climb. I think there are two main courses called Kadohara and Nakande. The first one is more popular than second one. I suppose the reason is that we can get to the entrance of the climb by train and the course is shorter. So, I chose the Kadohara course for my climb. In the end, when I reached the ridge, I could see that the Nakande course looks longer with more up-and-down paths. But, if you want to avoid the crowds, Nakande course is better.
Personally, I can't understand why it has been designated as one of the 100 famous mountains in Japan. The path and scenery are nothing special. During my climb, I felt bored. Because of the bad weather, I couldn't enjoy the views, but someone said this was the best place to view Mt. Haku. I know how beautiful Mt. Haku is, because I climbed it last year. But, I don't think I will climb it again even if the weather is nice. It is so far from here and there are other options, more beautiful and enjoyable mountains that are also nearer for me.