Mt. Karakunidake of Kirishima climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★☆☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★★★☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Duration：1 Day
- □ Term of Climbing：05.05.2017 ～ 05.05.2017
- □ Date at Summit： 05.05.2017
- □ Weather：Partly Cloudy
- □ Highest Temperature：24.0°C
- □ Lowest Temperature：15.0°C
- □ Distance：9.7km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：784m
- □ Course：Onami Lake Corse
- □ Further Information：Time Schedule
06:22 Onami Lake Starting point － 07:08 Onami Lake － 08:13 Karakunidake Lodge － 09:17 Karakunidake (summit) 09:50 － 10:46 Karakunidake Lodge － 12:01 Onami Lake － 12:42 Onami Lake Climbing Entrance
※ I suppose there are no difficulties with this climb. But, the weather is changeable and it can change easily to dense fog, so just pay attention to the weather conditions.
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Airplane
- □ Time to Starting Point：About 1.5 hours from Kagoshima city to Kirishima by car, and about 1.5 hours from Haneda Airport to Kagoshima Airport.
- □ Further Information：Tenmonkan－（Kagoshima Highway）－Kagoshima Airport－（National highway）－Onami Lake climbing entrance
Download GPS Data
I have no friends or acquaintances from Kyushu, so I didn’t have information about this area. I didn’t know that Kirishima is famous for hot-springs as well. The town had a sulfur gas smell that I love, so I could smell it everywhere and whenever I want. It was such a happy time. And the hot-spring was the best I have ever been to. My Hot-spring ranking was that the first was Zao of Yamagata Prefecture, and next was Kusatsu of Gunma Prefecture. But, the list has changed after this trip. There are no hot-springs as awesome as this one. Add this to your bucket lists.