Mt. Jonendake climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★★☆☆ Difficulty Level：★★★☆☆ Scenic Level：★★☆☆☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Duration：2 days and 1 night
- □ Term of Climbing：12.23.2016 ～ 12.24.2016
- □ Date at Summit： Unable to Summit
- □ Weather：Sunny
- □ Highest Temperature：16.0°C
- □ Lowest Temperature：-5.0°C
- □ Distance：27.2km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：1,650m
- □ Course：I started from an entrance gate to Torikawa Rindo and climbed via Mitsumata.
- □ Further Information：There was deep snow, and a long approch. Especially in winter, we can not enter to Mitsumata which is the starting point of this climb if coming by car. So, it would take one more day than usual. And I think the Ichinokura course is better than Mitsumata course because the approach to the starting point is shorter and there's a lodge where we can take a rest just before the summit.
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Car
- □ Time to Starting Point：About 4 hours one way
- □ Further Information：From Omiya to Azumino IC via Kanetsu highway
※ I parked in front of the gate of Karasugawa Rindo.
Download GPS Data
The climbing process was not bad. In spite of the deep snow, I could climb as I planed. And I found a good place where I put up my tent. That place was so comfortable and protected from snow and cold weather. At that time, I believed tomorrow will be clear as the weather forecast said and I would succeed with this climb.
I'm going to get this climb back by climbing the same route this summer. Although I love the snow, I'll never walk from Karasugawa Rindo to Mitsumata again. It was so boring to walk and I can go there by car if I go there in summer. That's why I’m choosing summer for this climb next time.