Mt. Nyoho climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★☆☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★★☆☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Altitude：2,303m
- □ Location：Nikko Tochigi Prefecture (Click to view larger map)
- □ Duration：1 Day
- □ Term of Climbing：01.07.2017 ～ 01.07.2017
- □ Date at Summit： 01.07.2017
- □ Weather：Mostly Sunny
- □ Highest Temperature：7.0°C
- □ Lowest Temperature：-3.0°C
- □ Distance：10.1km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：1,000m
- □ Course：From Kirifurikogen to Hitosatogasone
- □ Further Information：I didn't use my crampons because of little snow. I think spike crampons are useful because there are some frezon roads.
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Car
- □ Time to Starting Point：About 2 hours one way by car.
- □ Further Information：From Omiya to Nikko IC via Tohoku Highway
Download GPS Data
Finally, we didn't have enough time to get to the summit. We returned to Mt. Hitozatogasone which is just one hour to the summit because the sun was going down. I'm so sorry we couldn't climb to the summit.
I found making decisions and instructing members are very difficult when I climb a mountain as the leader, because I didn't understand how fast they could climb or have the stamina or skills. I had to judge by my own feeling from my experiments. First of all, I had to make a decision putting safe first; that's why we gave up trying for this summit.