Mt. Ibuki climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★☆☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★☆☆☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Altitude：1,377m
- □ Location：Ueno, Maibara, Shiga Prefecture (Click to view larger map)
- □ Duration：1 Day
- □ Term of Climbing：04.30.2017 ～ 04.30.2017
- □ Date at Summit： 04.30.2017
- □ Weather：Mostly Sunny
- □ Highest Temperature：12.0°C
- □ Lowest Temperature：8.0°C
- □ Distance：2.3km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：140m
- □ Course：The Ibuki Drive-way Course
- □ Further Information： Time Schedule : 09:48 Ibuki Drive-way － 10:10 Mt. Ibuki summit － 10:52 Parking lot
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Car
- □ Time to Starting Point：About 7 hours one way by car
- □ Further Information：From Omiya to Mt. Ibuki Drive-way via Tomei highway and Tokai-Hokuriku highway.
※ The Drive-way is open at 8:00 and it could be closed when the road is covered with snow.
Download GPS Data
I think this mountain might be the easiest mountain to climb of the one hundred mountains, if you use the Drive-way by car. My climb took just 20 minutes! That's why this place is so popular for families. And at the summit, I could see the huge lake Biwa the largest lake in Japan. I recommend climbing this only in good weather. Because the Drive-way is expensive to use. -- it costs about ¥3,000 — so it would be a waste of money if you go in bad weather.
After the short climb, I went to Biwa Lake to see the sunset. It’s so big that it looks like a sea. This place is not so far from Kyoto or Nagoya, so I believe you can fit in some more sightseeing into your trip. Should you wish to.