Mt. Azumaya climbing record
For this climb Exertion Level：★★☆☆☆ Difficulty Level：★☆☆☆☆ Scenic Level：★★★☆☆
For this climb
This Mountain's Information
- □ Duration：1 Day
- □ Term of Climbing：09.10.2016 ～ 09.10.2016
- □ Date at Summit： 09.10.2016
- □ Weather：Partly Cloudy
- □ Highest Temperature：
- □ Lowest Temperature：
- □ Distance：15.5km
- □ Cumulative Elevation：1,400m
- □ Course：I went around in a clockwise direction from a farm parking lot via Mt. Nekodake.
- □ Further Information：Time Schedule
9:10 Davos Bus Station → 09:50 Suganodaira Farm → 11:20 Mt. Nekodake → 12:30 Mt. Azuyamasan → 12:50 Started going down → 13:20 Naka-Azuma → 14:30 Sugadaira Farm → 15:00 Davos Bus Station
※ There is a path that is a little bit steep from Mt. Nekodake to Mt. Azumaya. Besides that, it was totally easy to climb.
Approach to Starting Point
- □ Transportation：Bullet Train
- □ Time to Starting Point：One hour by bullet train and One hour by bus for one-way
- □ Further Information：Time schedule
(Go) 6:54 Bullet Train, Hakudaka No.551, from Omiya Station ⇒ 7:53 Ueda Station ⇒ 8:15 Bus Station No3 in front of Ueda Station ⇒ 9:10 Davos Bus Station
(Back) 15:05 Davos Bus Station ⇒ 16:10 Ueda Station ⇒ 16:36 Bullet Train, Asama No.628 ⇒ 17:47 Omiya Station
Download GPS Data
This time, I used the bullet train as transportation so I didn't need to get up early. It is easily accessible from Tokyo. And so for this reason, the mountain can be crowded on a nice weekends.
If you want to feel more peaceful atmosphere, I recommend going there in November. This period tends to be quieter than summer. But, you need to be careful when climbing in winter because the mountain will be covered with a lot of snow after December. A couple of years ago, I abandoned my climbing after getting stuck and wade through piles of snow in January.